The Coaching Edge provides a set of practical
communication tools to help managers, coaches,
consultants and team leaders unleash the
potential of others. You'll learn to conduct coaching
interactions that are high-impact and time-efficient.
Gain a better understanding of why and how to use
coaching through exercises, which enhance
interpersonal, problem solving, and feedback skills.
Use NTG as coach, through follow-up contact to keep
your employees on track with the skills they learned.
Take learners through a series of activities critical
to personal and professional success. By increasing
self-awareness, improving attitudes and relationships,
participants learn how they perceive and respond to
events around them is their choice.
The MDP is a six-stage learning series that uses self-
assessments and an interactive classroom setting to
develop Self-Management, Interpersonal Skills,
Managing Differences, Performance Management, Managing
Innovation, and Leadership.
Click on the name of the course to be taken to our website for class schedule, class outline, and to register. Coaching is a process of relationship building and
setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to
how well you are able to foster a great working
relationship with your employees.
One day class. Cost is $649.00.
• Expectations/objectives including Workgroup/Team Goals
• Program Overview
2. Coaching & Leadership
• Rotating Leadership
• Setting Performance Expectations
• Planning for Improvement
• Coaching Challenges
3. On-The-Job Training (Coaching)
• The Coach’s Role of Training on the Job
• Preparation & Tips
• Orientations -- How to orient new employees
• List of items to cover for new employees
32. Giving and Receiving Feedback
• Two types of feedback – affirming & adjusting
5. Communicating Direction, Goals and Objectives/Visioning
• Setting goals or objectives that motivate – setting a vision
• Types of projects to motivate employees
6. Providing Reinforcement for Employees -- Motivation
• Frequency, How to give, How to use forms
• Positive & Negative Reinforcers
7. Coaching role play practice – real-work scenarios, plus challenges
8. Summary & Action Planning
Performance Management - Collaborative Processes
• Role Clarity and Role Expectations – your role and your team’s – helping your team to define their roles in relationship to company goals
• Multi-Generational Workforce
• Driving Value – how each employee contributes to driving value
• Setting Clear Expectations & Communicating Vision/Direction – a prerequisite for evaluating performance and holding people accountable later
• Accountability and Taking Ownership – what is it, why important to accept accountability and take ownership;
• Performance Improvement & Management – using reinforcers, supporting performance;
• Coaching – coaching to drive performance; setting goals and coaching them toward the goals
• Talent Development & Talent Acquisition – how this relates to overall performance; developing people and selecting the right people
• Issues and Challenges – handling various (e.g. older employees & younger sales mgrs?)
• Engaging Employees – having positive conversations and in