We live in a diverse world. Some differences are visible, like skin color, gender, height or weight, physical challenges and age. Others may not be visually apparent, but still affect how individuals feel or are treated:
The Diversity Thumball is a fun training tool that tackles a difficult topic with smarts and sensitivity. Discussion prompts include:
* When did you first become aware of racial/ethnic differences?
* Share a situation when you were in the minority
* Describe a time you witnessed discrimination
* Your best experience with a person of a different race/ethnicity
* What makes you different?
* How do your thoughts about diversity differ from your parents’?
* Describe a time you experienced prejudice
* Where do you see prejudice?
* How do you respond to jokes that are demeaning or derogatory?
* A time you felt like an outsider and how you dealt with it
* An instance when someone went out of their way to make you feel included?
* and more!